Table of Contents
- 1 Things to Do on July 4th Around Greater Houston
- 1.1 Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Houston
- 1.2 Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in the Woodlands, Kingwood & North Houston
- 1.3 Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Sugar Land, Bellaire & Southwest Houston
- 1.4 Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Katy & West Houston
- 1.5 Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Pasadena, Deer Park & Baytown
- 1.6 Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Galveston, Kemah & Southeast Houston
Celebrate the Fourth of July with our guide to fireworks, parades, concerts and more happening around Greater Houston on and before Independence Day, Sunday, July 4, 2021.
This year, the Fourth of July brings us events, celebrations, and fireworks displays that everyone missed out on in 2020.
From Galveston to Conroe and everywhere in between, cities across the Greater Houston area are gearing up for big firework spectacles, concerts, and much more. Check out our guide below to find a celebration near you.
Things to Do on July 4th Around Greater Houston
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Houston
- City of Houston presents Freedom Over Texas on ABC13 | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | Virtual Entertainment & Live Fireworks | FREE – Though the City of Houston won’t be hosting its annual day-long festival, there will still be plenty of Independence Day revelry to be had when ABC13 hosts a live broadcast of the Shell Freedom Over Texas event, featuring live concerts and a fireworks spectacular. This year, the fireworks will reach nearly double the height of the traditional show, making the spectacle just west of Downtown viewable from further open spaces and neighborhood parks. Eleanor Tinsley Park will be open for fireworks viewing only for those that wish to park Downtown and walk. 7pm to 10pm; live fireworks are expected to start shortly after 9:30pm.
- Live 4th of July Fireworks Over Downtown Houston | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Even though the live festival is shuttered for one more year, a larger-than-ever-before live fireworks show has been promised by the City of Houston. Live, for-real fireworks are expected to reach almost twice the heights of former years, offering more Houstonians a chance to celebrate and view the spectacle from around the city. If you want an up-close view, head to Eleanor Tinsley Park at Buffalo Bayou (just expect to park in Downtown, since both Allen and Memorial parkways will be closed for fallout). Fireworks will start at approximately 9:30pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in the Woodlands, Kingwood & North Houston
- South County Fourth of July Parade in the Woodlands | Saturday, July 3 | FREE – Snag your spot for the annual South County Fourth of July Parade, featuring marching bands, fire engines, clowns, floats, and more. The route will loop south on Grogan’s Mill Road, east on Lake Robbins Drive, up through Market Street, and west on Lake Woodlands Drive. 9am.
- Liberty on the Lawn at Redemption Square in Northeast Houston | Saturday, July 3 | FREE – The lifestyle destination found along the northeast portion of Beltway 8 is hosting a celebration that features live music, entertainment for kids, and a fireworks show. 5pm to 9pm.
- Stars, Stripes & Symphony at Heritage Place in Conroe | Saturday, July 3 | FREE – The Conroe Symphony Orchestra performs a selection of patriotic pieces under the direction of its new music director and conductor, Ms. Anna-Maria Gkouni. 7:30pm.
- Stars at Night: A Salute to Service at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, July 3 | FREE – The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra takes the stage for an evening of patriotic favorites, as well as recognition of service stars during the pandemic, including teachers, first responders, medical teams, and front line workers. 8pm.
- July 4th Festival at Town Center Park in Kingwood | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Browse a market of local vendors, enjoy live music, and marvel at a fireworks spectacle when Town Center Park hosts their Fourth of July celebration. 3pm to 9pm.
- 24th Annual Red, Hot & Blue Festival and Fireworks Extravaganza in the Woodlands | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – At multiple locations around the Woodlands, Independence Day festivities will gather crowds for live music, strolling entertainment, and a grand 18-minute fireworks show at Town Green Park, with other displays in the surrounding area. 6pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Celebration & Street Fest in Tomball | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Along the Tomball Parkway, this small town celebration is brimming with entertainment, fireworks, food, live music, and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Concert and Fireworks at Kings Harbor in Kingwood | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Shotgun Road Band will take the stage for Kings Harbor’s Fourth of July concert, with fireworks to follow at 9:30pm. 7pm to 10pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Sugar Land, Bellaire & Southwest Houston
- City of Bellaire’s Celebration of Independence at Bellaire Town Square | Saturday, July 3 | FREE – Start your Independence weekend off with a parade featuring local school bands, floats, and more along with live music, food vendors and family picnics at this annual celebration in Bellaire. 9:30am to 1pm.
- Independence Day at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, July 3 – Head to the historical ranch in Fort Bend to explore life in the 1800s with special activities like bullwhip demonstrations, fireside popcorn, a root beer float social, and square dancing. $15 for ages 13 and up; $12 for ages 65 and up; $10 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. 10am.
- Koe Wetzel Concert & Fireworks at Constellation Field | Saturday, July 3 – Texas country musician Koe Wetzel slides into Constellation Field for an Independence Eve concert while on his 2021 Ballpark Tour. A post-concert fireworks show will top off the evening. Tickets range from $35 to $100, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Rosenberg’s Family 4th Celebration at Seabourne Creek Park | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Seabourne Creek Park hosts a family Fourth celebration featuring bounce houses, kids activities, face painting, horse-drawn wagon rides, live music, food, and a twenty-minute fireworks show to cap off the evening. 6pm to 10pm.
- Red, White, and Boom at Crown Festival Park in Sugar Land | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Watch the skies of Sugar Land light up with a firework presentation to celebrate Independence Day at Crown Festival Park along with live music, food, local vendors, and more. 7pm to 10pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Katy & West Houston
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Pasadena, Deer Park & Baytown
- Baytown’s 4th of July Celebration at Bicentennial Park | Saturday, July 3 & Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Get down to two days of live music and entertainment in Baytown’s Bicentennial Park. Legendary funk band, WAR, will headline the Saturday night concert and Sunday will feature a parade, fireworks, and country music from Sammy Kershaw, Collin Raye, and Aaron Tippin. Events start at 6pm on Saturday; 4pm on Sunday.
- Deer Park’s 4th Fest at Jimmy Burke Activity Center | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – The City of Deer Park kicks off their Independence Day celebration with family games, temporary tats, a bubble tower, live music, and a fireworks celebration to close out the evening. 4pm to 10pm.
- Fireworks at the Fairgrounds at Pasadena Convention Center & Municipal Fairgrounds | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Grab a lawn chair and head over to the Fairgrounds for an evening of family-friendly celebration, topped off with a fireworks show at the end of the night. 6pm.
Fourth of July Events & Fireworks in Galveston, Kemah & Southeast Houston
- City of Nassau Bay Independence Day Celebration at David Braun Park | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – Enjoy a full day of Independence Day activities, including a city-wide water fight from noon to 2pm, an annual pie contest at David Braun Park, a parade through the neighborhood, and fireworks on the Lake Nassau peninsula. Noon to 9:30pm.
- 126th Annual Past, Present, & Future Independence Day Celebration in Friendswood | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 & Monday, July 5 | FREE – This two-day celebration gets started with food, entertainment and live music at Centennial Park, plus fireworks on Independence Day. Then, on Monday morning, a grand parade marches down Friendswood Drive with a celebration to follow at Stevenson Park that includes vendors, games, food, and more.
- Independence Day Parade & Fireworks Celebration in Galveston | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – The annual Galveston celebration returns with a grand parade down Seawall Boulevard from 59th Street to 27th Street. Then, a fireworks show caps off the evening at 37th and Seawall. 7pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Fireworks at Sylvan Beach in La Porte | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – The city of La Porte hosts their annual fireworks display on the shore of Sylvan Beach. 9:15pm.
- Fourth of July Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk | Independence Day, Sunday, July 4 | FREE – The Boardwalk hosts a fireworks spectacular to end the night, but you can show up early and enjoy dining, boardwalk games, and more ahead of the display. 9:30pm.